Backup on Mac
Backup shortcuts locally on Mac, batch restore with minimum interaction
Use this shortcut to backup all or some shortcuts in a folder on your Mac, or batch restore them with minimum user interaction.
- Backups are stored locally in Documents → Backup on Mac folder.
- On macOS 12.1, ‘All Shortcuts’ means shortcuts not in other folders, not all shortcuts.
- Restore can be automated; no need to click ‘Add Shortcut’ (and then ‘Replace’ or ‘Keep Both’) for every shortcut. This is why the shortcut is Mac only.
- Auto restore will bypass import questions, if any.
- Shortcuts are restored in ‘All Shortcuts’ folder, in the same order as they were backed up.
Please make sure to turn on Shortcuts → Preferences → Advanced → Allow Running Scripts:
When you auto restore for the first time, you will get the ‘assistive access’ error:
Click ‘OK’, go to System Preferences → Security & Privacy → Privacy → Accessibility, unlock the padlock at the bottom of the window, and turn on ‘siriactionsd’ from the list:
Latest Release Notes
1.0.1 - Jan. 16, 2022, 11:01 a.m.
• Faster backup process
• Improved auto restore
· 3 days, 2 hours ago