A shortcut to extract compressed files from many archive formats (zip, rar, tar.gz, tar.bz2, cab..)
UNPACK ARCHIVES is a shortcut to extract compressed files from many archive formats (zip, rar, tar.gz, tar.bz2, tar, gzip, cpio, cab, iso).
How It Works
This shortcut lets you quickly extract files from almost any archive format (zip, rar, tar.gz, tar.bz2, tar, gzip, cpio, cab, iso...) right in the Files app.
No more useless apps to install when you have to deal with compressed archives in strange formats.
Just select the archive files that you want to unpack, and then send them to this shortcut using the iOS share menu.
The shortcut will ask you to select an output folder, and if you want to overwrite the existing files.
You will be given the following options:
- Overwrite all files with the same name
- Rename the files adding a numerical suffix if already exist
- Extract each archive in a separate subfolder
- Extract each archive in a separate but dated subfolder
SUPPORTED ARCHIVE FORMATS
zip, rar, tar.gz, tar.bz2, tar, gzip, cpio, cab, iso.
- First Release 2022-07-25 v1.0.0
- Latest Release 2022-07-25 v1.0.0
- Author: u/fremenmuaddib
- This shortcut is canonically available on RoutineHub at https://routinehub.co/shortcut/12625/
Latest Release Notes
1.0.0 - July 25, 2022, 2 a.m.
- first release.