Remove Cover From Audio File is a shortcut to easily remove a cover image from any audio file.
Supported Audio Formats
How to use it
- Select an audio file from iCloud Drive among the supported formats, and open the shortcut with the share menu.
- In alternative, you can start the shortcut directly and it will ask you to select an audio file.
- The shortcut will open the a-Shell Mini app and will run the ffmpeg program to process the file and to remove the cover image without changing the original audio stream.
- Wait for the process to finish without touching the screen.
- When finished you will be asked where do you want to save the resulting audio file. The output file name will be the same of the source audio file plus the "_nocover" suffix.
- DONE! :D
Note that iOS does not show the covers for most of the file formats. You can check the cover opening the file in your favourite audio player. My favourite on iOS is Flacbox.
- You should use this shortcut with my other shortcut Add Cover To Audio File
- You need the a-Shell Mini app installed.
- Latest update: 2023-01-31 v1.2.0
- Author: u/fremenmuaddib
- This shortcut is canonically available on RoutineHub at https://routinehub.co/shortcut/14096/
Latest Release Notes
1.2.0 - Jan. 31, 2023, 7:41 p.m.
- bug fixes