This shortcut is designed for use within "Shortcuts Automation" to automate navigation when connected to CarPlay or triggered by other events. A user interface can be used for setting, updating, and testing the shortcut.
- The shortcut scans calendar events with a start time that is no later than (get from time range settings 15, 30, 45) minutes ago and no more than 24 hours in the future from the current time.
- It skips events that last the entire day.
- It also skips events with no location information.
- Events that do not meet the default time requirements (15 minutes later < current time < 15 minutes in the future) are skipped, and the time range is adjustable (15, 30, 45 minutes).
- The shortcut retrieves data about the start driving time from the events and sorts them from nearest to the latest relative to the current time.
- It then obtains coordinates from the first event and launches the navigation application with directions.
- Run it manually for the first time and choose your favorite navigation app (by default, Apple Maps).
- It can be added to automation (background mode).
- The navigation app will only open if the start driving time from the calendar event falls within the specified range (by default, 15 minutes in the past < current time < 15 minutes in the future).
- Updates can be performed through the built-in menu.
Use built-in Menu for settings
- Time range
- Navigation app
- Update the shortcut
Supported apps and modes
- Apple Maps
- Google Maps
- 🚘 Drive
- Customizable settings
- Supports English and Ukrainian languages
- Online updates for the Shortcut
- Add a text block with any emoji inside and set it as the shortcut input. The shortcut will then work in the background mode without a user interface (UI).
Create an event in the Apple Calendar for the evening when you need to drive to the market. Add the market location to the event. When it's time to leave, iOS will remind you with a notification. Then, you can go to your car, sit in the car, and connect your iPhone to the car. At this moment, CarPlay will start running, and an automation will begin with this Shortcut. In automatic (background) mode, you will receive route directions to the market on the multimedia screen, displayed in your favorite navigation application. Enjoy your drive without any additional actions.
Latest Release Notes
1.2 - Nov. 22, 2023, 7:16 p.m.
+ Changed logic for scan calendar events. Start time equals current time and subtract from settings of time range (15, 30, 45 minutes)