Undelete Posts and Comments
Last updated: 2019-01-27
Redirects a chosen Subreddit / Post / Comment / Reddit URL to either ceddit.com or removeddit.com, which use a combination of Reddit's API and Pushshift.io's API to retrieve deleted posts/comments and reconstruct them to show them in their original timeline for the Subreddit or Comment thread.
- If Undeleted from a subreddit, uses Ceddit.com.
- If Undeleted from a post/comment, uses Removeddit.com.
I personally find these two services to be the best respective choices.
- Use the Reddit app of choice and find the 'Share' function, choose 'Shortcuts', 'Reddit Undelete' shortcut.
- Alternatively, copy a URL to your clipboard and activate through the 'Shortcuts' app.
- This Shortcut is set to open in Safari. If you prefer Google Chrome, remove the 'Open URLs' action and replace it with the 'Open URLs in Chrome' action.
- This Shortcut was tested using the official Reddit app and the Apollo Reddit app, but should work for all Reddit apps via their 'Share' function.
- If a Post or Comment shows '[removed]' or '[removed too quickly to be archived]', it was likely caught by an AutoModerator filter before it could be archived by Pushshift.io, and is uncontrollable.
- If a Post or Comment shows '[deleted]', it was likely deleted by the original author and re-archived by Pushshift.io, and is uncontrollable.
- If a Post or Comment has been edited, some results will be the original, unedited version, and some will be the edited version. This depends entirely on if Pushshift.io has re-archived the Post or Comment, and is uncontrollable.
- Sometimes a URL for a Subreddit will be falsely identified as a Post or Comment.
If you improve on this Shortcut, please drop me a PM on Reddit. I am always ready to improve myself. Thanks!
Latest Release Notes
1.2 - Jan. 27, 2019, 7:48 a.m.
Squashed a bug where a trailing '/' on a short link would cause the shortcut to fail.