ShowtimeCuts, a simple tool to look up movie showtimes by location, quickly view movie information, and the option to add it to your calendar. (US & Canada Only)
Two API’s are required to use this shortcut:
- Gracenote API is used to look up all of the theater and showtime data. It’s free to register for a key and it allows you to do 50 calls/day, which is plenty in terms of looking up movie showtimes. Unfortunately, their API only searches in the US & Canada.
- OMDb API is used to populate ratings from IMDb and Rotten Tomatoes. This is also free and you can get a key here.
- Look up movie showtimes by current location or by zip code.
- Easily view movie information:
- IMDb/Rotten Tomatoes Ratings
- Content Rating
- Run Time
- Release Date
- Movie Poster
- Detailed vCard menus.
- Add showtime to your calendar.
A big thanks to Adam Tow. ShowtimeCuts was originally comprised of four separate modules, but after reviewing his App Framework tutorial, I was able to consolidate everything into one shortcut while creating the flexibility to add more features. I highly recommend it.
I plan to fix any existing bugs as well as add additional features. If you have any feedback or suggestions, please let me know.
Latest Release Notes
1.1.4 - March 30, 2019, 2:33 p.m.