PromptKit is an advanced dialog engine for Shortcuts on iOS
PromptKit is a shortcut library for creating powerful, interactive, multilingual, and multi-step prompts featuring speech, dictation, menus, dialogs, and automatic language translation.
For shortcut developers, the PromptKit API facilitates the creation of interactive prompts with branching logic, input validation, history, state, external shortcut support, and data storage, all without writing a single line of code.
Finally, PromptKit Stories combine multiple prompts together to create interactive guides, decision trees, adventure books for children, and improved Siri assistant-like functionality.
Table of Contents
- Getting Started
- Using PromptKit
- Exploring PromptKit
- PromptKit API
- App Framework
PromptKit serves both end-users and developers alike.
Users of shortcuts whose prompts are powered by PromptKit gain the ability to:
- Input information using the keyboard or by voice.
- Automatically translate messages and prompts to over 25 languages.
- Experience and enjoy rich, data-driven flows with PromptKit Stories.
- Work exclusively with voice or dialog-driven prompts. If offline, voice-driven prompts will switch to dialog-driven prompts.
PromptKit allows developers to:
- Create single and multi-step prompts that can validate user input without having to write any code.
- Choose from an extensive list of prompt types, including:
- Date and Time
- Quick Look
- Restrict prompts to accept a list of answers. Each answer can have multiple alternate responses.
- Validate user input with operators such as:
- exact equality
- greater than
- less than
- Repeat the prompt once or multiple times if the input is not validated.
- Change the message or input method for each prompt repetition.
- Access every response the user provided or just the final response.
- Detect and return user cancelled
Latest Release Notes
1.0.8 - May 31, 2019, 9:53 p.m.
- Update string now displays the version number and revision notes.