0.9.6 1 year ago
Updated notice. Downgrading to iOS 14.4.2 is no longer possible.
‹ Go back
0.9.6 1 year ago
0.9.5 1 year ago
Updated notice about iOS 14.5 being unsupported
0.9.4 1 year, 3 months ago
- PSA: Apple broke Icon Themer in iOS 14.5. Do not update to iOS 14.5 if you want to continue using the shortcut. If you already updated, downgrade to iOS 14.4 or lower ASAP.
- Fall back to US App Store if selected region has no results
- Removed unnecessary request
If you cannot install the update, download it from https://iconthemer.app/
0.9.3 1 year, 4 months ago
- Icons are now resized like before to use less data and reduce profile install errors
- Profile install page now opens in-app browser to improve speed and reduce errors
- Added a few more system apps
- Minor fixes and improvements
0.9.2 1 year, 4 months ago
- Fixed accidentally reintroduced issue with accented characters and other special Unicode characters ("fonts")
0.9.1 1 year, 4 months ago
- Fixed update loop
- Forced profile installation to open in Safari instead of your default browser
This is technically 0.9.1 but I had to call it 0.9.0 because I broke the updater.
0.9.0 1 year, 4 months ago
- Profiles are now signed to ensure authenticity and make installation faster
- Improved icon quality by trying to convert to PNG first and only falling back to JPEG if it fails
- Slightly reduced the number of prompts
- Re-added prompt to save or just install created profiles
- Removed broken "Crop Icons" option for now. This will be re-added in a future update and it won't require Toolbox Pro.
Warning: If you still have an unfinished profile on your clipboard, install it before updating.
0.8.3 1 year, 5 months ago
- Updated the warnings inside the shortcut. Unfortunately Apple has made it clear that support for seamless theming of system apps was not an intentional feature and it's been removed from the final release of iOS 14.3.
(Don't worry, all other apps from the App Store except for the ones made by Apple can still be themed seamlessly.)
0.8.2-1 1 year, 5 months ago
- Fix for iOS 14.3 beta 3. Unfortunately Apple broke seamless theming for system apps again. If you're still on 14.3 beta 1 or beta 2, DO NOT update to beta 3.
0.8.1 1 year, 6 months ago
- Added an option to disable saving profiles before installation
0.8.0 1 year, 6 months ago
- Unfinished profiles are now automatically saved so if Shortcuts crashes or you accidentally tap out you don't have to redo them.
- Improved icon creation and installation flow
0.7.3 1 year, 6 months ago
- Removed leftover debug actions
0.7.2 1 year, 6 months ago
- Fixed RoutineHub link in main menu properly this time
- Fixed URL scheme handling for some apps like YouTube
0.7.1 1 year, 6 months ago
- Fixed updater and RoutineHub link in main menu on iOS 14.3
0.7.0 1 year, 6 months ago
- Update to iOS 14.3 beta and recreate your icons to launch all system apps seamlessly.
0.6.1 1 year, 6 months ago
- Re-added region selector to fix some apps not showing up
Sorry for the delay, iCloud had some issues with shortcuts that seem to be resolved now.
0.6.0 added importing themes from zip/deb, additional system apps, and more. Check out the full changelog on RoutineHub.
0.6.0 1 year, 6 months ago
- Added support for Compass, FaceTime, Measure, Numbers and Pages (these will still go through Shortcuts)
- Default URL is now blank, and you are no longer asked for it by default to reduce the number of steps
- Fixed Bad Profile error with JPEG/HEIC icons
- Profiles can now be shared instead of installing
- Themes can now be imported from .zip and .deb files (read description for details)
- Other minor improvements
0.5.1 1 year, 7 months ago
Update loop should be fixed now, sorry about that.
- Added clarification to setup for users with big text sizes
- Fixed Safari not working when bundled with other apps
0.5.0 added theming multiple icons in one profile and more, check out the full changelog on RoutineHub.
0.5.0 1 year, 7 months ago
- You can now have multiple icons in one profile (up to 70)
- If you have Toolbox Pro Premium, you can now crop icons in the shortcut before applying them
- Added TestFlight to system apps
- Clarified some prompts
- Icons are now scaled to 180x180
- Better quality default icons for system apps
0.4.4 1 year, 7 months ago
- Improved first run notice
- Fixed iPad app filter mistakenly hiding apps on iPhones instead
0.4.3 1 year, 7 months ago
- Fixed issue with special Unicode characters (“fonts”) in icon labels
0.4.2 1 year, 7 months ago
- Fixed “Bad Profile” error with system apps and special characters in app names
0.4.1 1 year, 7 months ago
- Removed unnecessary contacts permission prompt on iPads
0.4.0 1 year, 7 months ago
- Improved menu icons
- Added more system apps, higher quality icons, and a warning about non-seamless launch
- iPhone-only apps are now hidden on iPad
- Safari now launches more seamlessly and continues where you left off instead of opening a new tab (you will have to delete the old icon/profile and recreate it)
- Fixed blank icon labels (for real this time)
- Simplified profile installation
- Installed profiles now always display the app name in settings
0.3.3 1 year, 7 months ago
- Removed leftover quick look action
0.3.2 1 year, 7 months ago
- Fixed profile display name
- Improved updater to properly track downloads
0.3.1 1 year, 7 months ago
- Fixed theming apps with custom bundle ID
0.3.0 1 year, 7 months ago
- System apps can now be themed without manually specifying bundle ID
- Transparency in icons will now become white instead of black
- Blank icon labels will no longer cause a profile error
- Updater will display changelogs now
0.2.2 1 year, 7 months ago
- Re-added accidentally removed App Store region import question
0.2.1 1 year, 7 months ago
- Removed iCloud Drive dependency, the shortcut now shows the warning about iOS version compatibility as an import question instead
0.2.0 1 year, 8 months ago
- Changed menu option names to make it clear that the first option is for any app from the App Store, not the App Store app itself
- Added ability to choose custom icon from Files app
- Non-square images are now automatically cropped instead of stretching them
- Fixed an error with apps that are not available in the US App Store
0.1.4 1 year, 8 months ago
- Show an error message when no results are found for App Store search
- Made the App Store region an import question
0.1.3 1 year, 8 months ago
- Changed updater to use XHR
0.1.2 1 year, 8 months ago
- The warning for iOS 13 now only appears the first time you launch the shortcut, since it’s now partially working there.
0.1.1 1 year, 8 months ago
- Fixed to not go through Safari for system apps. These will require the proper URL schemes, and a blank app entry will be left behind in this case.
- This may be compatible with iOS 13 and lower now but you will always have to specify the proper URL scheme unlike iOS 14. Not yet tested so the compatibility warning wasn’t removed yet.
0.1.0 1 year, 8 months ago