Track subreddits for new posts and comments
|macOS||No (Scriptable unsupported)|
|iOS 15 or higher||Yes|
|iOS 14 or lower||Yes|
Reddit Tracker shows you new posts and updated posts—i.e. interesting posts that have new comments—from your favorite subreddits. The Scriptable app is required. It works in two simple steps:
➀ Run it, select a subreddit from the menu, and it will open a webpage with two parts:
- First part contains updated posts with new comments. Not all updated posts, but only those that you marked interest.
- Second part contains new posts since the last check.
- Tap a post and it will open in the Reddit client of your choice. (To switch between Reddit and browser, long press a post and select “Open in Reddit app” or “Open in Background”. Do it once, and it will remember your choice. For Chrome, you need to do this in Safari first.)
- Come back to your browser until you have read enough.
➁ To track new posts that interest you, you need to run the shortcut again:
- If there are any new posts, the webpage shows you the Run Reddit Tracker link at the bottom for your convenience.
- Run it and select posts. These posts will be tracked in subsequent runs.
That's it. Run it again whenever you want to check for updates. It will end silently if there is no update. A couple of notes:
- When adding a subreddit, you are asked to enter the number of recent posts you would like to track. For example, if a subreddit has about 20 new posts everyday and you want to track posts for at least 3 days, you can enter 60 or higher. Tracked posts that fall outside the number will be removed from the track list.
- If you want to add a post to track manually from the Reddit client, tap the share button of the post and run Reddit Tracker.
Latest Release Notes
1.1.3 - Feb. 26, 2022, 11:47 a.m.
• Usability improvements