RAPID ARTERIAL OCCLUSION EVALUATION SCALE for health care providers.
RAPID ARTERIAL OCCLUSION EVALUATION SCALE (RACE) :
You can run this Shortcut by adding the Shortcut to home screen and run it from there.
It’s not designed for Siri but give it a try if you want by saying this phrase to Siri “RACE Scale”.
- The RACE scale is a prehospital simple and rapid neurological scale to detect acute stroke patients with a high probability of having a large vessel occlusion (LVO), candidates to be treated with endovascular techniques in a comprehensive stroke center.
- The RACE scale is a simplification of the NIHSS scale using those items with a higher ability to predict the presence of a large vessel occlusion. The RACE scale evaluates 5 items: Facial palsy, Extremity motor function, Head and gaze deviation, and Aphasia or Agnosia.
- The RACE scale score range is 0-9 points.
- RACE scale score > 5 points is associated with detection of a LVO.
- RACE has a sensitivity of 85% and specificity of 68%.
For more information about the RACE Scale for detecting acute stroke patients with a high probability of having a large vessel occlusion you can check those references :
- RACE Scale
- American Stroke Association
- American Heart Association
If this is your first time using Shortcuts you have to activate "Allow Untrusted Shortcuts" by going to
Settings -> Shortcuts and enable "Allow Untrusted Shortcuts".
If that option is greyed out, open the Shortcuts app and run one of the starter Shortcuts or any Shortcut from the gallery . Then you should be able to enable it.
This Shortcut supports Embed-a-Update which enables the Shortcut to check for updates and notify you about any available update.
Latest Release Notes
1.1 - Nov. 24, 2020, 12:19 p.m.
No more third party update shortcuts (UpdateKit), Switching to [[Embed-a-Update]].