Daily check of your current Data usage - actions if you’re in danger of going over your data limit.
Use this Shortcut as a daily automation to check your data usage and warn if you are overusing your data allocation.
Using the forecasts that DataMan provides means the automation will only notify you when usage becomes high or close to your limit or the nightmare scenario of being over your limit.
In these instances it will turn Mobile data off or allow you to turn low data mode on etc. Full details of the setup are given below and in comments boxes within the Shortcut.
If your mobile data is forecast as Safe you will not know this automation exists - other than a notification each month letting you know your data has restarted.
Only suitable for use with DataMan App see link below.
Example of Caution Warnings
The Caution warning appears when you are starting to use data that if continued would result in you going over your allowance. Dataman Automation warns you of this and gives you the option to turn Low Data Mode on.
Example of Danger Warnings
The Danger warning appears when you are very likely to go over or are extremely close to going over your data allowance. It will automatically turn off mobile data to prevent this. It also gives you the option to visit your mobile provider to purchase more data.
Example of Over Warnings
The Over warning appears when you have completely ran out of data or exceeded it. Again it immediately turns off mobile data and gives you the option to visit your mobile provider (via WiFi) to purchase data.
1. Open Shortcuts open 'Automation' at the bottom and of the app. 2. Select the + symbol at the top right corner. 3. Select 'Personal Automation'. 4. Select "Time of Day'.
- Enter the time you wish the automation to run in 'Time of Day'.
- Select 'Daily' then click 'Next' in the top right corner.
- Click 'Add Action and search 'Run Shortcut".
- Tap on the word 'Shortcut' next to 'Run' and Search 'DataMan Automation'.
- Click 'Next in the top right hand corner and toggle the 'Ask Before Running' off - on the Warning pop up that follows click 'Don't Ask'.
- Click 'Done' in the top right corner.
Latest Release Notes
1.7 - Jan. 28, 2021, 12:15 a.m.
- Added bar graphs to notification menus