The definitive lost-in-the-couch solution.
The definitive lost-in-the-couch solution... A 25-action noisemaker Siri Shortcut designed to be triggered by Hey Siri! in the event of a lost phone.
Well folks, this is my masterpiece. It is a 25-action Siri Shortcut designed for those (all-too-frequent, in my case) situations when you’ve lost track of where you last set your handset down, but you’re pretty sure it hasn’t wandered out of the house - probably not even out of the room.
In such a scenario - as long as one has Hey Siri enabled - the Shortcut will respond to “Hey Siri!!... Marco!”
The idea for this Shortcut dates back to iOS 12 Beta - when I first encountered Siri Shortcuts. For whatever reason, it didn’t take long for me to want a sort of call-and-return Shortcut for those (far too numerous) cases when I’d left my iPhone somewhere obscured in the room.
Here are the steps in full:
- Turn Low Power Mode OFF
- Turn Airplane Mode OFF
- Turn Wi-Fi On
- Turn Bluetooth On
- Set brightness to 100%
- Turn Do Not Disturb OFF
- Turn appearance Light
- Set playback destination to iPhone
- Set volume to 89%
- Vibrate device (Not currently working.)
- Play my voice saying “Polo!” + a few other items
- Toggle (flash) the flashlight 5 times (odd number leaving your flashlight on constantly unless it was on before the Shortcut was triggered)
- Simultaneously (in the same repeat action) plays three separate classic Mac sounds 5 times.
Latest Release Notes
1.0 - June 28, 2021, 7:53 a.m.
· 2 days, 2 hours ago